Saturday, July 24, 2010

A Lady

When the word "Lady" entered my mind, I always imagine a very compose woman of superior social status, with a beautiful gown and her chin high up.

(Lady Catherine in Vampire Diaries)

Google Image


However, these images never fit my expectation towards a lady;

(Lady Antelope)


(Face-less Lady)


(The Frog Lady)


(Blown Up Lady)

Google Images

Well, this lady has her own way to dress up. A weird way. It took a lot of confidence and courage to be different and to stands out. Lady Gaga is the one with the packages.

In the 1st class for "Readings and Project Work for Teaching Literature in ESL", My lecturer, Dr. Jayakaran Mukundan had introduced himself as Alejandro. Then, he made us listen to the song Alejandro by Lady Gaga. During that period, I am really exited to know the reason behind Dr.Jaya's interest towards this lady.
Later on, my brilliant lecturer views Lady Gaga as a genius, according to the creative choreography on each of her videos. it never occurs to me that she is a genius till the very day. Usually, I saw her as an attention seeker, who fights her way in a very challenging words.
Then, Dr. Jaya made us think about the reason behind this Lady's action. Everything has its reaso. From the way this Lady portrayed her songs, we came out with the reason of abuse history. It made me think about some authors like Emily Dickinson, who her background very much influence her work.

The lesson for that day has been interesting yet educative.

2 comments:

  1. I would really LOVE to know her background so that I can understand her fully...Loving to seek for attention seems to be her favorite hobby...But I guess high five for her making good music....

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi heriana..
    she must be the most eccentric human being on earth! i've read her biography before and it is my pleasure to share with you her view on art: “I LOOK AT THOSE ARTISTS AS ICONS IN ART. IT’S NOT JUST ABOUT THE MUSIC. IT’S ABOUT THE PERFORMANCE, THE ATTITUDE, THE LOOK; IT’S EVERYTHING. AND, THAT IS WHERE I LIVE AS AN ARTIST AND THAT IS WHAT I WANT TO ACCOMPLISH.”
    no wonder she is behaving differently. she believes in what she thinks and she strives for it - all out! when we look at this at the positive side, we can take her determination in reaching the dreams. she does not care what people say about her but she keeps working hard for it. that is how we want in every thing we do..do not let anything comes in your way but keep climbing to the top!

    ReplyDelete