Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lets get married~


Which one do you prefer?
A marriage from a lovey-dovey relationship?
or
a marriage that have been arranged for you?

The issue of arranged marriage has been the topic of discussion in my class. My lecturer had asked us to find the information related to this topic. During the discussion session, i had gain lots of info regarding this topic. Some of my classmates relate this issue to women's oppression because arranged marriage did put women at the disadvantages.

What say you?


(Google Image)

As for me, the arranged marriage is a real nightmare if it ever happens to me. I really pray that my parents will not do this kind of arrangement for me. But if they do, they do it out of love. Sometimes, the parents can't get over the feeling of over protective towards their daughter. And as for the daughter, it is the matter of believing in your parents because you know who loves you the best.

1 comment:

  1. hi,
    as you ask what say me, so i will say that i prefer and i want a marriage of a lovey-dovey relationship. well, it's not that i don't trust my parents in finding the right one for me but for me, it is better it i know the man first before i have any kind of relationship with him, especially marriage! so, let's hope our parents will not arrange any man for us..:)

    ReplyDelete