Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Ron Clark Story


I have another story of an honorable teacher!!

This story is about a teacher that turns down his stable life in order to challenge his ability as a teacher. He leaves the school in his suburban North California hometown, where he is appreciated by both his fellow teachers and students. He moves to a tough inner city school, where the students are segregated by their abilities. The principal suggests a class with good achievement but he wanted to teach the most disadvantage class. As expected, the teaching get tougher as the students refuse to learn. So, this teacher started to get to know his students by mingle around with them, get to know their background and share the problem that they faces.

Would you do the same if you were a teacher?

As for me, it is a really hard question. First of all, i am not that confident in myself as a teacher. So, instead of challenging myself to the limit,Ii would find the easy way out. I would stay at the school which provides me security I needed, and with the fellow friends that respect me. It is nice to hear this kind of story, where the teacher is willingly to sacrifices, but it took a lot of courage to become one.



No comments:

Post a Comment